Here is a segment of the feud between Kester D and Rawl on Entertainment Reel or is it In the Mix?
1. I agree with both Kester D and Rawle. It's a catch 22 position though, they need the financial support to help them get to the top, but they will not get the top billings if they are not a top performer.
2. DJs and radio do make hits by playing the song, I once heard Rihanna's Please don't stop the music 5 times in 2 hrs on the radio and it's a song that I do not particularly like.
3. I think alot of artists don't know who they are, they don't have a style they are just trying a thing that they see.
4. The old formula of relying on CD sales can't work anymore for up and coming artists, they have to rely on bookings which leads back to the same situation.
5. A law won't solve the problem as Kester D suggests, but the govt as well as the private sector can financially support talented artists.
6. Copy right is a big problem as the case of Adrian advertising for a bootlegging company which is the norm in Guyana. What's holding up the copyright law?
Jessica Xavier sounded great live! We ought to leave Charmaine Blackman alone, after 19 years in the industry she is not going to change, she's our living legacy :)
I believe the industry will get better in time. We will have better artists that will raise the bar and the not so good ones will have to shape up or ship out. I believe, I believe, now believe it with me!